At Enterhealth, we offer addiction recovery support via our telemedicine service, at the discretion of our medical staff, for patients who are unable to easily attend in-person medical appointments. This service may be provided in conjunction with our teletherapy services. Sustained support is important to remain in recovery, and telemedicine helps patients remain compliant with their medical treatment.
Enterhealth telemedicine services are available to Texas residents who have completed treatment at Enterhealth or elsewhere, are maintaining sobriety, and cannot easily attend in-person appointments with an Enterhealth physician at the Enterhealth Outpatient Center of Excellence in Dallas. Some of our patients use telemedicine because they live in rural areas, frequently travel for business, need an appointment while on vacation, do not have reliable transportation, or have physical limitations making travel difficult.
How does it work?
An Enterhealth physician and the patient utilize a specialized, secure, and private high-definition video connection that works on most computers, tablets and mobile smartphone devices. Both parties can see and talk to each other. Because consumer-grade applications such as Skype and Facetime are not adequately secure, Enterhealth utilizes a platform that is HIPAA compliant and secure to ensure patient confidentiality.
What types of services are offered?
- Patient-psychiatrist check-in appointment
- Emergency individual support
- Refill request
- Available at the discretion of Enterhealth physician
- Patient has completed addiction treatment at Enterhealth Ranch, Enterhealth Outpatient Center of Excellence or elsewhere
- Patient is maintaining sobriety
- Periodic in-person appointments required
- Patient completes alcohol/drug screening within 48 hours of physician’s request
- Validation and approval of enrollment and consent forms to use the service, which the patient can complete online through the secure telemedicine portal
At Enterhealth, we are committed to providing our patients with the most outstanding, convenient addiction treatment possible – and a sustained recovery.
Call us at 1.800.388.4601 today for more information.