The reasons people with drug or alcohol addiction problems check into Enterhealth Ranch are as varied as the individuals themselves. Maybe you received an ultimatum from your family, maybe this is a court-ordered visit or, maybe, you just realized you had to quit. Whatever your reason, please take a moment to understand these possibly life-changing ways Enterhealth Ranch is different from all traditional, twelve-step-based programs:
- We’re more effective. Our program was created by recognized medical experts using the latest National Institutes of Health (NIH) research. Combining medical treatments and protocols with the treatment of any underlying psychological disorders has made the Enterhealth Ranch program significantly more effective than traditional addiction programs.
- We treat addiction as a disease. The latest NIH research has identified addiction as a chronic brain disease, and not something that is due to a lack of willpower or moral shortcoming. As a medical condition, using the latest medical treatments and protocols, addiction is treatable. Medication, too, is used throughout the process, when appropriate, to block the cravings, urges and effects of drugs and alcohol and increase your opportunity for a lifetime of sobriety.
- We have a full-time medical staff. Our team of board-certified, addiction-trained physicians, psychiatrists, nurses and PhD- or Masters-level therapists are full-time and on-site. By limiting our residential care to 40 beds, we maintain some of the industry’s best physician/patient and therapist/patient ratios.
- We create personalized treatment plans. Drugs and alcohol abuse often induce psychiatric symptoms (like depression, anxiety and insomnia), thus making it necessary to differentiate between substance-induced and pre-existing issues. This is one reason your stay at Enterhealth Ranch will begin with an exhaustive and comprehensive medical and psychiatric assessment. Once we understand your unique issues, our medical team will develop a personalized treatment plan. Traditional twelve-step programs simply are not equipped to provide this type of medical expertise and diagnosis.
- We have an excellent outpatient program. The successful treatment of drug or alcohol addiction requires a long-term, personalized approach that includes medical and psychological treatment, lifestyle changes and, in some cases, medication. The Enterhealth Outpatient Center of Excellence is a private and discreet facility located in Dallas, and staffed by a team of experienced physicians, therapists, neuropsychologists, certified nurses and board-certified addiction psychiatrists. As part of our continued care, you can take part in a number of programs that fit your schedule – and your life – and take advantage of a wealth of information and tools to help you and your family.
- We treat patients with respect. Limiting our capacity to 40 patients and giving you a private room and bathroom are just a few examples of how we treat you with the level of respect and dignity to which you are accustomed.
Here’s another way Enterhealth Ranch is different: we provide a nurturing environment conducive to health and healing. Our 43-acre former working ranch is staffed by some of the most experienced addiction treatment physicians, psychiatrists, nurses and therapists in the country, but it’s also a very peaceful, beautiful place.
In addition, Enterhealth Ranch offers a long list of exclusive features – including respect for your privacy – to help you feel as comfortable as possible while you work to recover. Some of the amenities of Enterhealth Ranch include:
- Well-appointed private cabins
- Well-appointed great room
- Fitness center with personal trainer
- Personalized wellness program
- Nutritious chef-prepared meals
- Swimming pool
- Putting green
- Full service salon
According to the latest research, traditional twelve-step programs actually succeed only 15–20% of the time, at best. If you have been through programs like these, that may be why, this time, you are considering Enterhealth Ranch. The good news is you are about to make a potentially life-changing, or life-saving, decision.
The Enterhealth Ranch program was created from the ground up to be different from traditional programs, to provide a more acceptable outcome. Based on National Institutes of Health research identifying addiction as a chronic brain disease, and administered by a staff of medical experts, our program has – from the start – proven to be more effective. We hope you’ll give us the opportunity to prove it to you, as well.